Registration for the Fall 2022-2023 school year is open NOW! As of Jan. 24, we have a waitlist for our 3s and 4s classes. However, we strongly encourage you to still register if you’re interested, to put your child’s name on the waitlist. To register, complete the form on our Registration page. Waitlist registrations do not need to pay the $75 registration fee.
Also follow The Co-op on Facebook!
Preschool is an exciting and wonderful experience for families. At The Cooperative Preschool of Bay Village, parents and teachers work cooperatively to promote an atmosphere of learning, enrichment, and growth for our early learners. Together, we hope to clear a pathway for our children to create new relationships, gain a sense of belonging, share experiences with others, understand “how to learn,” and to appreciate the beauty of learning.
Since 1956, The Cooperative Preschool of Bay Village has been providing a nurturing, safe, fun environment for the children of Bay Village and surrounding areas to have their early introduction to education. At the Co-op, children are encouraged to be kind, respectful, smart and productive members of our community, all through PLAY!
The Cooperative Preschool of Bay Village is a non-discriminatory school and accepts children from all backgrounds. We are located within the Bay United Methodist Church but are a wholly independent entity not affiliated with any organization — religious or otherwise.
The safety of our students, our teachers and all of our families is by far our number one priority, and we will continue to adapt to changes as they come. It is our goal to teach children to be responsible members of society, which includes keeping themselves and others safe. Throughout the pandemic, the Co-op has committed to following the policies of the Bay Village City School District. While we are not affiliated with BVCSD, we trust and rely on their team of experts to make a lot of the tough decisions.
Covid Policies for 2021-2022 (updated March 2022)
- As of Monday, Feb. 14, the Co-op is adopting “masking strongly recommended” for everyone who enters the building — students, parents and staff. Due to the cooperative nature of our preschool program, the age of our students, and the size of our classrooms, we cannot practice social distancing in the classrooms, and the majority of our students are still ineligible for Covid vaccines at this time. When wearing a mask, we recommend using a 3-ply mask if possible.
- Children with a fever or exhibiting signs of being sick should be kept home. Teachers will be checking every child’s temperature in the morning.
- Children will practice frequent hand-washing and hand-sanitizing throughout the day.
- Snack time has been eliminated.
- During Lunch Bunch, we will practice 3-foot social distancing.
- At drop-off and pickup, parents/caregivers can line up inside the hallway to meet their child at the classroom door (3s on the left, 4s on the right) and have an opportunity to talk with their teacher.
- After school we encourage the kids to stay and play outside on the church lawn. This is a fun way for the kids to bond with their classmates outside of the classroom and get some extra energy out before going home, which is always a plus for parents!!
- The Co-op follows Bay Schools’ open/close days. If Bay Schools go into virtual learning mode or close due to weather, we will be closed as well. If the Co-op has to close for any reason unrelated to Bay Schools, parents/caregivers will also be alerted immediately.
Calendar of Events
Be sure to check our calendar often for upcoming events!